Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
email Attachments

964 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: 2019-12-26 10:46:54

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    Bravothree
    2019-12-19 10:51:32
     on MaxiSys906BT How do I attach pdf files to an email message?
    I've tried several times but with no joy  

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2019-12-22 00:57:53 (Reply to:Bravothree)

Do not start off in email with a message and try to attach anything. Make sure you are connected to Wi Fi, click Data Manager. click PDF and make sure what you want to send is in there. Click the box on top with the arrow, click the box of the file of interest and a circle with a check mark will appear, click the printer symbol and a drop down box with a selection to e mail or print. Select Email. Type in the email address , The subject , and the message you want . Click send , next click the little paper  glider symbol and you're done.

•   Level 2   
    (30) points
    memotors46

2019-12-24 17:25:29 (Reply to:Bravothree)

I can't do that as well the problem is who you have your email account with I have it
    with Google and Avery time I try Google sends me an email saying blocked because of
    insecure device or something similar so I just take a picture with my phone and email it
    to my acount if anyone knows how to bypass this I like to hear

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2019-12-25 05:29:17 (Reply to:memotors46)

LOL, I often take a picture with my phone and send to Customers too, but What scanner do you have? I had my G mail address synched as my primary E mail account with my older Maxi Sys Pro and had no problem sending scan reports  by email . On MaxiSYS  I just never start off in my Email and try to attach and send anything, or try to email from the actual autoscan. In Maxi Sys I go to Shop Manager, click Vehicle History, select file , click the arrow to the right side top, select email from the drop down, type in the email address, the subject and the message I want included, then click send, then click the glider symbol after that and I'm done. I rarely waste paper and ink bothering to print. I do think the phone and photo is the quickest way but emailed report is more professional looking 

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    Bravothree
    2019-12-26 10:46:54 (Reply to:witsend)
    Hi witsend, many thanks for your advice. However, I think mine is tied to the setting of
    my gmail account on the Maxisys device. It looks like I can set up the mailbox but I
    could be entering some wrong parameters with regard the the outgoing server. I can
    receive mail but I can't send emails at all and this includes the report attachments.
    Any idea how to overcome this will be highly appreciated.
  Total1 Pages